Mary Ashley Murrah has been named a Robertson Scholar at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program invests in young leaders who strive to make transformational contributions to society.
The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program's investment begins with the selection of a diverse community of undergraduate students – generally 18 at Duke and 18 at UNC-Chapel Hill each year – who demonstrate extraordinary potential. We provide these young leaders with exceptional benefits and a distinctive set of shared experiences:
- Four-year scholarship, including undergraduate tuition, mandatory fees, room and board
- Unique access to the academic and extracurricular offerings at both Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill
- Three summers of domestic and international experiences
- Customized leadership and professional development opportunities
- Extensive community of Robertson Scholars, alumni, and staff
During this journey, Robertson Scholars learn to create change, foster collaboration, turn their passions into action, and have a palpable impact in their communities. The experience of being a Robertson Scholar helps students become thoughtful, creative, lifelong contributors to society — the kind of citizens and leaders prepared to meet the unprecedented challenges of our interdependent world.