St. Mary's Admission
Start Her Journey Today
Selecting a school for your daughter is an important decision, with many considerations. Whether she is 2-years-old, entering 5th grade, or preparing for high school, we welcome the chance to meet your family!
Why St. Mary's?
Because her journey matters
With 170 years of educating girls behind us, we're the experts on how girls learn.
From her first day at St. Mary's — whether she starts as a JK student or joins us for her Freshman year of high school — we help guide her on her journey: a personalized quest of knowledge and growth that helps her discover her interests, hone her skills, find her passion, and reach her own unique and individual potential.
Girls thrive in an all-girl environment. Research shows that graduates of girls' schools are more likely to see themselves in leadership positions, rate themselves higher in math and science courses, and are more engaged and confident in the classroom and beyond. Learn more about the girls school advantage here.
We can't wait to welcome you to our campus in the heart of Memphis. Contact us today to schedule a visit!
Fast Facts about St. Mary's
- Founded in 1847 — the oldest school for girls in Tennessee
- All girls from age 2 through 12th grade
- Total enrollment, 2016-17 school year: 820
- Student/Faculty Ratio – 10:1
- Minority students represent 28% of the St. Mary’s student body
- St. Mary’s affords 16.7% of its student body financial aid
- St. Mary’s Christmas Pageant is the school's oldest tradition
- Accreditation includes the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- 10 alumnae serve on the Board of Trustees
- St. Mary's Community Fund, founded in 1998, has granted more than $355,000 to 40 local organizations
- The 55-members of the Class of 2015 matriculated to 46 universities and colleges, and received over $10 million in merit scholarships