Welcome to St. Mary's
THE ALL-GIRLS EPISCOPAL SCHOOL IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE.
The mission of St. Mary's Episcopal School is to provide a superior educational experience for girls which will encourage and enable each student to reach her individual potential.
Long before women had the right to vote, even before the Civil War, Mary Foote Pope believed in providing girls with the very best possible education. She founded St. Mary’s Episcopal School in 1847, and over 170 years later, we’re still the experts on how girls learn.
- Founded in 1847, we are the oldest independent school in Tennessee
- All girls 2 years of age through 12th grade
- 822 students from 36 zip codes
- The 57-member Class of 2019 matriculated to 39 institutions and earned more than $14 million in merit scholarships.
- Charter member of the One Schoolhouse