Welcome to St. Mary's
AN ALL-GIRLS EPISCOPAL SCHOOL IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE.
The mission of St. Mary's Episcopal School is to provide a superior educational experience for girls which will encourage and enable each student to reach her individual potential.
Long before women had the right to vote, even before the Civil War, Mary Foote Pope was passionate about providing girls with the very best possible education. She founded St. Mary’s Episcopal School in 1847, and over 170 years later, we’re still the experts on how girls learn.
Each girl is one of a kind, individually gifted, and smart in her own way. We believe in guiding each girl to reach her full — and wholly unique — potential. With our 100% girl culture, our students aren’t afraid to take risks or make mistakes. Because we support and challenge all our students, they’re able to accomplish exceptional results.
- Founded in 1847, we are the oldest independent school in Tennessee
- All girls 2 years of age through 12th grade
- 822 students from 37 zip codes
- The 64-member Class of 2017 received over $12 million in merit scholarships and attends 46 colleges and universities
- Charter member of the Online School for Girls