St. Mary’s Episcopal School seeks a dynamic and forward thinking candidate for the position of Director of Technology to start summer 2019. As the leader in the implementation of innovative technologies that support teaching, learning, student life, and administrative operations, the Director will possess technical expertise and will provide strategic leadership, planning, and management to all areas of information technology. Qualified candidates will have a passion for technology and education, and proven leadership, management, and decision-making skills. This is a senior level position reporting to the Head of School.
The mission of St. Mary's Episcopal School is to provide a superior educational experience for girls which will encourage and enable each student to reach her individual potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the school’s academic and administrative leadership, provide strategic planning and strong collaborative leadership to set the direction and implement information technologies to support the school’s mission.
- Oversee and establish technology operations including network management, security, student and faculty support, hardware and software management, student information system, and evaluate projects according to goals.
- Manage all information technology resources including personnel, budgets, network infrastructure, web presence, academic and administrative systems, and phone/cell phone services.
- Create and administer the technology operating and capital budgets.
- Provide and maintain a high-quality technology support environment for all faculty, staff, and students.
- Establish and enforce information technology standards, procedures, and policies.
- Communicate well, as well as, use good judgment, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Show enthusiasm about girls' education.
- Be committed to the principles of the Episcopal Identity of the school and to serve in a diverse community.
Skills and Experience:
● Minimum five years of significant Information Technology (IT) leadership experience and proven success in managing information technology resources and services, preferably in an educational environment.
● Ability to articulate a vision for information technology in an educational environment and to develop strategic and operational IT plans to achieve that vision in collaboration with key users and the academic and administrative leadership.
● Demonstrated ability to lead a strong IT team and build effective partnerships.
● High commitment to quality, customer-oriented services and ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-achieving organization.
● Experience developing and managing budgets and personnel.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent customer service skills.
● Working knowledge of computer hardware, software, networking, and related technologies.
● Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in IT, education, or related field
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active; it requires standing and walking, including stairs.
St. Mary's Episcopal School in Memphis, Tennessee, is an independent college-preparatory school for girls two years old through grade 12. St. Mary's equips each girl to be collaborative, creative, and courageous so that she will seize the opportunities in the changing world and thrive in her generation. St. Mary's is committed to academic excellence, offering a classic liberal arts curriculum in conjunction with strong science and math programs. Students also enjoy a thriving performing and fine arts program, work with the latest technology, and participate in a multitude of extracurricular activities and community service. St. Mary's is an independent Episcopal School which benefits from a close partnership with Church of the Holy Communion and the Diocese of West Tennessee. As a school located in the heart of Memphis, we value our differences as much as our similarities. We honor the potential of each girl and help her learn how to recognize and develop her own unique abilities.
Download an application here.
Please send your application and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the following address:
Assistant Head of School
c/o Tracey Black
St. Mary's Episcopal School
60 Perkins Extended
Memphis, TN 38117
Employment at St. Mary's Episcopal School is contingent upon successful completion of a background, fingerprint, and reference check. St. Mary's does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic on national origin in admission or in any other activities or programs of the School.