St. Mary’s Episcopal School is currently seeking a full-time English/Literature teacher starting in the Fall of 2019. This teacher will work within a nurturing and collaborative middle school team planning and implementing curriculum while supporting the daily life of our middle school students.
The mission of St. Mary’s Episcopal School is to provide a superior educational experience for girls which will encourage and enable each student to reach her individual potential.
The successful candidate will possess both skills and experience to:
● Effectively and enthusiastically teach grammar, literature, and writing at the middle school level
● Integrate technology that provides differentiated learning experiences
● Create a nurturing environment that supports student learning and wellness
● Serve as an advisor for a small group of middle school students
● Partner with our students and parents as they experience middle school life
● Be an integral part of the broader life of the school
● Bachelors or Masters degree in English
● Demonstrated teaching skills and experience, preferably at the middle school level
● Must be committed to the principles of the Episcopal Identity of the school while serving in a diverse community
● Outstanding organizational and communication skills
● Excellent judgment and analytical and problem-solving skills
● Should be enthusiastic about girls’ education, creative, motivated, collaborative, and able to work with multiple constituencies
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active; it requires standing and walking, including stairs.
St. Mary's Episcopal School in Memphis, Tennessee, is an independent college-preparatory school for girls two-years old through grade 12. St. Mary's equips each girl to be collaborative, creative, and courageous so that she will seize the opportunities in the changing world and thrive in her generation. St. Mary's is committed to academic excellence, offering a classic liberal arts curriculum in conjunction with strong science and math programs. Students also enjoy a thriving performing and fine arts program, work with the latest technology, and participate in a multitude of extracurricular activities and community service.
St. Mary's is an independent Episcopal School; although not governed by the Church of the Holy Communion or the Diocese of West Tennessee, we benefit from a close partnership. As a school located in the heart of Memphis, we value our differences as much as our similarities. We honor the individual that lives inside each girl and help her learn how to recognize and develop her own unique abilities.
You may send your complete application digitally to email@example.com or by mail to the following address:
Assistant Head of School
c/o Tracey Black
St. Mary’s Episcopal School
60 Perkins Extended
Memphis, TN 38117
Employment at St. Mary’s Episcopal School is contingent upon successful completion of a background, fingerprint, and reference check. St. Mary’s does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic or national origin in admission or in any other activities or programs of the School.