St. Mary’s Episcopal School is currently seeking a full-time Upper School Art teacher starting in the Fall of 2019.
The mission of St. Mary’s Episcopal school is to provide a superior educational experience for girls which will encourage and enable each student to reach her individual potential.
The successful candidate will possess both skills and experience to:
● Teach studio art and photography classes at the Upper School level
● Employ a student centered approach to teaching and possess the ability to engage the imagination of girls with all levels of artistic ability and interests
● Cultivate both an appreciation of Fine Arts in students and to guide and coach students who are developing portfolios as they pursue further studies in the Fine Arts
● Develop and evolve the studio art program as needed to best fit future student needs
● Work collaboratively with other faculty members
● Serve as an advisor for a group of Upper School students
● Be willing to co-sponsor/assist with a school-wide publication
● Be an integral part of the broader life of the school
● An Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Fine Arts (BFA, MFA) is preferred
● Knowledge of different mediums within traditional Fine Arts
● Must be committed to the principles of the Episcopal Identity of the school while serving in a diverse community
● Outstanding organizational and communication skills
● Excellent judgement and analytical and problem solving skills
● Should be enthusiastic about girls’ education, creative, motivated, collaborative, and able to work with multiple constituencies
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active; it requires standing and walking, including stairs.
St. Mary's Episcopal School in Memphis, Tennessee, is an independent college-preparatory school for girls two-years old through grade 12. St. Mary's equips each girl to be collaborative, creative, and courageous so that she will seize the opportunities in the changing world and thrive in her generation. St. Mary's is committed to academic excellence, offering a classic liberal arts curriculum in conjunction with strong science and math programs. Students also enjoy a thriving performing and fine arts program, work with the latest technology, and participate in a multitude of extracurricular activities and community service.
St. Mary's is an independent Episcopal School; although not governed by the Church of the Holy Communion or the Diocese of West Tennessee, we benefit from a close partnership. As a school located in the heart of Memphis, we value our differences as much as our similarities. We honor the individual that lives inside each girl and help her learn how to recognize and develop her own unique abilities.
You may send your complete application digitally to email@example.com or by mail to the following address:
Assistant Head of School
c/o Tracey Black
St. Mary’s Episcopal School
60 Perkins Extended
Memphis, TN 38117
Employment at St. Mary’s Episcopal School is contingent upon successful completion of a background, fingerprint, and reference check. St. Mary’s does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic or national origin in admission or in any other activities or programs of the School.