St. Mary's Episcopal School seeks an upper school science teacher and potential department chair to start in August of 2018. This position will serve as a key member of our upper school team and will report directly to the Head of the Upper School. The ideal candidate embraces creating and implementing innovative lessons and projects for students and is willing to support technology integration in the classroom.
The mission of St. Mary's Episcopal School is to provide a superior educational experience for girls which will encourage and enable each student to reach her individual potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach courses in the life sciences, including AP Biology, at the upper school level.
- Help to set a strategic vision and plan for the science department from grades 6-12, in the context of the school's larger mission, vision, and strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with other science teachers to ensure consistency and overall excellence in the science program.
- Serve as an advisor to a group of upper school students.
- Communicate with a strong vision, a great attention to detail, and a passion for building science and STEM programs while maintaining academic excellence.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Embrace the spirit of community through participating in other school activities.
- Master's degree in science, education or a related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated teaching skills and experience, preferably at the upper school level.
- Commitment to the principles of the Episcopal Identity of the school and to serving in a diverse community.
- Enthusiasm about girls' education.
St. Mary's Episcopal School in Memphis, Tennessee, is an independent college-preparatory school for girls two-years old through grade 12. St. Mary's equips each girl to be collaborative, creative, and courageous so that she will seize the opportunities in the changing world and thrive in her generation. St. Mary's is committed to academic excellence, offering a classic liberal arts curriculum in conjunction with strong science and math programs. Students also enjoy a thriving performing and fine arts program, work with the latest technology, and participate in a multitude of extracurricular activities and community service. St. Mary's is an independent Episcopal School which benefits from a close partnership with Church of the Holy Communion and the Diocese of West Tennessee. As a school located in the heart of Memphis, we value our differences as much as our similarities. We honor the potential of each girl and help her learn how to recognize and develop her own unique abilities.
Download and complete an application.
Please send your application and a current resume to Tracey Black at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the following address:
Assistant Head of School
c/o Tracey Black
St. Mary's Episcopal School
60 Perkins Extended
Memphis, TN 38117
Employment at St. Mary's Episcopal School is contingent upon successful completion of a background, fingerprint, and reference check. St. Mary's does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic on national origin in admission or in any other activities or programs of the School.