Welcome! We invite you to see for yourself why you belong at St. Mary's. Please inquire online and someone from the Admission team will be in touch soon.
We are a community of individuals from different neighborhoods, ethnic backgrounds, and faiths who respect one another's differences and honor our shared values.
Since her first day in Early Childhood, St. Mary's has lived up to its mission to care for our daughter in mind, body, and spirit. She is not only learning valuable lessons about the world in which she lives but also about how to treat those with whom she shares it.
Mary Katherine Stout p'29
About St. Mary's
- Founded in 1847 — the oldest independent school in Tennessee
- All girls from age 2 through 12th grade
- Total enrollment, 2020-2021 school year: 815
- Student/Faculty Ratio – 9:1
- Minority students represent 27% of St. Mary’s student body
- St. Mary’s affords 18.5% of its student body financial assistance
- St. Mary’s Christmas Pageant is the School's oldest tradition
- Accreditation includes the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- 7 alumnae serve on the Board of Trustees
- St. Mary's Community Fund, founded in 1998, has granted more than $500,000 to 40 local organizations
- The 60 members of the Class of 2020 matriculated to 46 universities and colleges in 23 states with one Gap Year student.