Selecting a school for your daughter is an important decision, with many considerations. Whether she is 2-years-old, entering 5th grade, or preparing for high school, we welcome the chance to meet your family!
Each girl is one of a kind, individually gifted, and smart in her own way. We believe in guiding each girl to reach her individual potential. With our 100% girl culture, our students aren't afraid to take risks or make mistakes.
Girls thrive in an all-girl environment. Research shows that graduates of girls' schools are more likely to see themselves in leadership positions, rate themselves higher in math and science courses, and are more engaged and confident in the classroom and beyond. Learn more about the girls school advantage here.
We can't wait to welcome you to our campus in the heart of Memphis. Contact us today to schedule a visit!
Fast Facts about St. Mary's
- Founded in 1847 — the oldest independent school in Tennessee
- All girls from age 2 through 12th grade
- Total enrollment, 2018-2019 school year: 823
- Student/Faculty Ratio – 8:1
- Minority students represent 29% of the St. Mary’s student body
- St. Mary’s affords 19.8% of its student body financial assistance
- St. Mary’s Christmas Pageant is the school's oldest tradition
- Accreditation includes the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- 10 alumnae serve on the Board of Trustees
- St. Mary's Community Fund, founded in 1998, has granted more than $450,000 to 40 local organizations
- The 57-members of the Class of 2019 matriculated to 39 universities and colleges, and received over $14 million in merit scholarships