St. Mary's Episcopal School uses Ravenna, a web-based application service. To start the application process, visit the Ravenna website where you will create an account and complete a common profile. Once your account has been created with Ravenna, you will be directed to St. Mary's admission application. Note: Ravenna's common profile is used to gather information for Ravenna's system and is not part of St. Mary's admission application.
Submit the Application for Admission and $75 application fee
Sign-up for upcoming Admission Events
Request Transcripts & Recommendations
Sign-up for Admission Interviews or Readiness Assessment
Submit Parent and Student Statements
Since her first day in Early Childhood, St. Mary's has lived up to its mission to care for our daughter in mind, body, and spirit. She is not only learning valuable lessons about the world in which she lives but also about how to treat those with whom she shares it.
Mary Katherine Stout p'29
We trust each other.
Because of the Honor Code, students at St. Mary’s are surrounded by a community of trust. They trust their classmates with their work and their belongings. The teachers have faith that the work they receive is honest. The trust between classmates and between students and teachers allows deeper bonds to form, creating a richer culture at St. Mary’s.
-Ginny B. '20
About St. Mary's
- Founded in 1847 — the oldest independent school in Tennessee
- All girls from age 2 through 12th grade
- Total enrollment, 2020-2021 school year: 815
- Student/Faculty Ratio – 9:1
- Minority students represent 27% of St. Mary’s student body
- St. Mary’s affords 18.5% of its student body financial assistance
- St. Mary’s Christmas Pageant is the School's oldest tradition
- Accreditation includes the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- 7 alumnae serve on the Board of Trustees
- St. Mary's Community Fund, founded in 1998, has granted more than $500,000 to 40 local organizations
- The 60 members of the Class of 2020 matriculated to 46 universities and colleges in 23 states with one Gap Year student.